A quick update from the Writing Spider:
1. I haven’t made much progress on my novel. I know, I know….my only (terribly weak) excuse is that work has gotten extra-busy lately and the last thing I can bear to do is come home and plop down in front of the PC for hours after 8 hours of doing just that at work. I shall remedy this forthwith.
2. I did enter an essay contest today. I wasn’t going to, and today is the deadline. I wrote 1,000 words in one day and turned it in two hours before the deadline. I have no chance of winning, but I want to enter as much as I can even if I won’t win. I’m not trying to be pessimistic, I’m just being realistic – you can’t win a contest writing 1,000 words in about four hours. Well, you can’t if you’re me. The point is not to win here.
3. I just finished reading A.J. Jacobs’ “The Know it All” and it was fantastic. Highly recommended reading.
4. I also finished a fairly substantial editing project today which is good since that’s kind of the Plan – be a fulltime writer/editor/word person. So…yay.
5. I submitted an essay to a local mag and was not selected for publication. Le boo. Whatever. Maybe next time.